I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Sunday, June 01, 2008

Butterscotch Tapioca Pudding with Whipped Cream and Toffee

My wife made a dessert from Cuisine at Home last week. It combines my 2 favorite puddings into one - butterscotch and tapioca. It is a delicious treat.

Butterscotch Tapioca Pudding with Whipped Cream and Toffee

1, 12 oz can evaporated milk
2 egg yolks
2/3 c 2% milk
3 T instant tapioca
ΒΌ tsp salt
3 T unsalted butter
2/3 c dark brown sugar
2 tsp bourbon
1 tsp vanilla

Warm evaporated milk in a saucepan until it comes to a boil. Reduce heat to low and keep warm. In a bowl, beat the egg yolks. Add the tapioca, milk and salt. Set aside. In another sauce pan melt the butter. Add the brown sugar and cook until melted and foamy (about 4 minutes.) Slowly add the warmed, evaporated milk. This will steam and bubble furiously. Stir until smooth. Add the tapioca mixture and cook until the pudding boils rapidly. Off the heat add the bourbon and vanilla. Divide among 4 pudding cups, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Note: if you place the plastic wrap directly on the pudding it will prevent a skin from forming. Chill at least 30 minutes. Serve topped with whipped cream and crushed Heath bars.

Labels: