I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

HPB

A friend of mine in KC was telling me that he made HPB last weekend and loved it. It got me hungry for it so we made it again tonight with some Wanna's Wontons. All were pleased.

HPB


1 box tofu, cut into pieces and fried

3 eggs, scrambled

1 onion, cut into pieces

1 tomato, cut into wedges

1 T red curry paste

Thai red pepper hot sauce to taste

3 cloves garlic, minced
1 thumb sized piece of ginger, finely minced

salt to taste

1 T brown bean sauce

1 red bell pepper, cut into chunks

Wide rice noodles (if you can find them) I usually end up using some sort of egg noodle

a few basil leaves, torn up into small pieces

some finely chopped cilantro


Cut the tofu into pieces and fry until done. Set aside.

Scramble 3 eggs and set aside.

Saute the onion and set aside. (the goal is something that is sauteed but still slightly crisp)

Saute the red pepper and set aside. (the goal is something that is sauteed but still slightly crisp)

In a wok or large pot heat a little peanut oil. Saute the minced garlic and ginger just until it softens. Add the red curry paste and stir. Cook this briefly. Add the tomatoes and cook briefly, just until they start to soften. Dump in all the rest of the ingredients except the hot chili sauce and heat briefly. Taste the mixture. Add salt and the hot chili sauce until it suits your taste. I like mine HOT HOT HOT!
Tonight it was a little to hot for the little one and she said her tongue was hot so I made her a Nutella and banana sandwich.