I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Beer Bread

Last Sunday I wanted a little bread for dinner. The problem was I didn't have the time to make the bread with the rising etc. A real easy and fast bread to make in that situation is beer bread.

Barb’s Beer Bread

3 cups self rising flour

3 T sugar

1 can warm beer

Stir until it looks lumpy and horrible. Drizzle melted butter on top before baking. Bake at 350 until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.

I ate mine with fig preserves. The rest of the meal may sound a little strange but it is a classic meal in our house. Chicken picata, cheesy noodles, Brussels sprouts and corn chowder.
To make the best cheesy noodles I use Velveeta combined with an equal part of Cheeze Whiz.