I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Red Jello with Bananas

My grandpa told me on many occasions that his favorite desert, bar none, was red Jello with bananas. I think I was served this over 250 times at my grandmothers house. My wife called this last weekend to get the recipe. It is pretty simple and I highly recommend it if you enjoy the simpler things in life.




Muriel's Strawberry Jell-O with Bananas

1 pkg. strawberry Jell-O

1 cup boiling water

8 ice cubes

1 ½ bananas

Pour boiling water over Jell-O and stir until dissolved. Add ice cubes and stir until melted. Pour into a Jell-O mold or dish and add the bananas. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or until set.