I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Thai Pork with Peanut Sauce

I love Thai food! I recently acquired a couple of new Thai cookbooks. This recipe comes from the book Real Thai available from Amazon.com. I have found a ton of great recipes in the book and I plan to feature a bunch of them in the coming months. Here is one that would make a very nice appetizer or adjunct to a noodle dish.

Grilled pork on Skewers with Spicy Peanut Sauce
Moo Satay


Meat:
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 t brown bean sauce
1 t brown sugar
1/2 t cumin
1/2 t coriander
1/2 t turmeric
1 pound lean pork

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir. Slice the pork into thin long strips about 3 inches long by 1 wide. Combine the pork with the marinade and refrigerate for at least 1 to 2 hours. Grill the pork pieces on bamboo skewers or use the broiler.


Sauce:
1/2 cup coconut milk
2 T red curry paste
1/2 cup chunky-style peanut butter
1/2 cup chicken broth
3 T brown sugar
Juice of 1/2 lime
1 t brown bean sauce
salt to taste

Warm coconut milk over medium heat until it reaches a gentle boil. Add the curry paste and stir. Cook 3 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir. Remove from heat. Adjust seasoning with salt. Cool to room temperature.
PS - Michael says "Hi!"