I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Pumpkin Cake

My wife made a pumpkin cake last weekend that was all the rage where I moonlight. I think she got the recipe from Cook's Country magazine. Everyone who tasted it thought it was the best pumpkin cake on Earth.

Pumpkin Cake


2c all purpose flour

2t baking powder

1t baking soda

1t salt

2t ground cinnamon

1/4t ground allspice

1/4t ground ginger

4 large eggs

1c vegetable oil

1 2/3c sugar

1 15oz. can plain pumpkin puree

Heat oven to 350 degrees and adjust rack to middle position. Grease and flour a 9X13 cake pan. Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices. Beat eggs, oil and sugar on medium high speed until thick and fluffy (about 5 minutes.) Reduce speed to low and add pumpkin. Slowly add the flour mixture, mixing until only a few lumps of flour remain (about 1 minute.) Pour batter into pan and bake 30-35 minutes.

Frosting:

1 stick unsalted butter

1 8oz package cream cheese

1 ½c powdered sugar

1t vanilla

Cream butter, sugar and vanilla. Cut cream cheese into 8 pieces and add one at a time, mixing until completely incorporated after each piece is added. Frost cake when completely cooled.