I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween Candies

In honor of Halloween*

Favorite candy bars

1)Slo-Poke
2) Mars Bar
3) Kit Kat
4) Almond Joy


Slo-Poke's are impossible to find.
In recent years I have only seen them in Ben Franklin stores and occasionally wrapped up like a minature tootsie roll pop in mixed candy bags.

I haven't seen a Mars in many years.
The replacement is a Snicker's Almond which I can attest is identical to a Mar's Bar and thus very satisfying.
Booyah!

I reckon the Kit Kat is a close one.

My friend Gabe and I used to stop at Kwik Shop in Fort Dodge after school and play a game of Double Dragon. We would each get a 16 ounce glass bottle of Mountain Dew and a Kit Kat. Ahhh the simple pleasures in life.

And of course:
I love Almond Joy bars. Probably the only reason I am so attached to them is because my dad really liked them when I was growing up.

Then he found out that coconut oil was bad. Shortly thereafter the whole family got started on the Pritican Diet, which absolutely sucks and has no redeeming qualities.

And last but not least:
Rosebud!!

*I'm not a bad person. I am not a warlock. I just grew up trick or treating.