I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Hot pepper scheme

I recently came into possession of a pod of the world's new hottest pepper - Bhut Jolokia.
It has displaced the previous record holder the Red Savina. I grew some Red Savinas under the name Caribbean Red Hot.

Readers may remember that I pickled a bunch of those and fed one to my friend W under the guise that it was a pickled cherry pepper. The effects were amazing! I am sure that he will remember the pepper featured in the photo above. I ate one and the experience hasn't left me.

Right now bhut jolokias go for $10 a pod! I guess they are extremely rare at the moment, having been recently discovered.

One thing to remember about my single pod above is that it is loaded with seeds. I will have bhut jolokia growing in my garden next year.