I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Picklelilly

Readers may recall in an earlier post my writing about the joys fried egg sandwiches with picklelilly. I saw a bunch of green tomatoes on my tomato plant and it brought the subject to mind. I looked in my cupboard and I still have about a half a dozen pints of it left. Thankfully I won't have to make any more this year. A friend has recently requested the recipe so here it is in all its glory.

Picklelilly

24 green tomatoes
6 green peppers
8 large onions
5 c. vinegar
4 c. sugar
2 T. salt
2 T. mustard seed
2 T. celery seed

Rinse vegetables. Drain thoroughly. Combine vinegar, sugar, salt, and spices. Heat and add vegetables. Boil for 15 minutes. Put into jars and seal.