I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Monday, May 28, 2007

Vore Buffalo Jump

After staying in Sturgis we headed to Devil's Tower. On the way we stopped by the Vore buffalo jump. A buffalo jump is a place where the Indians used to drive buffalo over a cliff to kill them.
The Vore buffalo jump is a sinkhole right in the middle of the plains. Here is a photo of the edge.
It is easy to see how a buffalo would be running along and then all of a sudden fall down a cliff like on Coyote and Roadrunner.

Even though the weather wasn't cooperating, the rains did give us the opportunity to see some wildflowers.