I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Monday, May 28, 2007

Saloon Number 10

We were very impressed with the quality of dining in Deadwood. We ate Chinese food that was every bit as good as any we have eaten. We also stopped at a steakhouse above the Saloon Number 10.

Saloon Number 10 is famous for being the place that Wild Bill Hickok was killed.
It turns out that the current location of Saloon number 10 is not the original location.
The original bar burnt in the 1980's and moved to its new location. Both of use preferred the new location. It is our favorite place to get a Coke in Deadwood. One night while we were there some actors staged a reenactment of the shooting.
A reenactment is like LARPing but a little different.