I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Creature of Habit

Yeah. Sorry I have been so slack jawed in the updates lately. A lot has been going on. The baby's cochlear implant is cranked up to maximum volume and experience! Most excellent. As far as she knows she is a 4 day old infant with respect to sound.

Anyway we have been eating standard fare lately. Here are 2 recipes that I think deserve maximal highlighting. These are dishes that I got on a trip to Ledyard.


Darlene's Dilly Veggie Pasta Salad


2 3/4 c medium shell pasta or rotini cooked and drained. Place in a large bowl.

Add:
1 c halved cherry tomatoes
1 c sliced green pepper
1/2 c chopped green onions
1/2 c sliced ripe olives

Dressing:
Whisk together 1/2 c olive oil, 4 T lemon juice, 4 T white wine vinegar or cider vinegar, 2 tsp. dill weed, 2 tsp. dried oregano, 2 tsp. salt (or less), 1/4 tsp. black pepper. Pour over veggies and pasta. Toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate. Serves 8.

Darlene’s Baked Chicken Breasts

4 large or 6 medium chicken breasts
1 can cream of mushroom soup
3 oz can of sliced mushrooms with liquid
1 C sour cream
½ c cooking sherry

Place uncooked chicken breasts in baking dish. Combine rest of ingredients and pour over chicken. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake uncovered for 1 to 1 ½ hours (probably 1 ½ or more) at 350.

Sorry no photos... I have been 'borrowing' the camera from the surgery residency lately. I plan to purchase one soon.