I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Monday, March 27, 2006

Great Brownies

This recipe for brownies is my favorite. It comes from one of the scrub nurses at my hospital. Every once in a while she'll make a batch and they get gobbled quickly. The texture of the brownie is more like a flourless chocolate cake. Truly amazing!

Brownies

Melt together in microwave one stick of butter and two squares of unsweetened chocolate (2 ounces). Add 2 eggs, 1 cup sugar, 1 t vanilla and 3/4 cup flour. Pour into a greased 9X9 inch pan and bake for 25 -30 minutes at 350.

Frosting -

Combine 1/2 stick butter and 1 1/2 T of cocoa powder. Melt in microwave. Add 1/4 cup buttermilk and microwave until it comes to a boil. Add 1/2 t vanilla and about 3 cups of powdered sugar.

I changed the recipe by adding 1 shot of rum to the dough and topping the finished product with pecan pieces.