I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Saturday, May 07, 2005

Meat loaf

Last weekend I did the front brakes on my wife's car. It was hunger generating work. I decided that nothing would go better with greasy work than meatloaf. I have a bunch of recipes for meatloaf, but my favorite is my mother's, and I am pretty sure she got it from the back of a lipton onion soup mix box. The one modification I make is the cooking technique. I make mine in a foil loaf pan. In the bottom of the pan I cut some holes so that grease will drain. To cook it I put it on a rack and put it over tinfoil on a cookie sheet.





Mom’s Meat Loaf

1 envelope Lipton onion soup mix
2 pounds ground beef
1 ½ cups soft bread crumbs
2 eggs
¾ cup water
1/3 cup ketchup

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Mix everything up and shape into a loaf. I put some ketchup over the top as well. Bake 1 hour until done.