I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Miami Photos

I thought I would post a few of the photos from my trip to Miami.

The first thing I did when I got to Miami is go down to the beach.

There were all these crazy model shoots going on. It looked like they were shooting for summer clothing. One group was apparently for a big and tall store.

As you can see, this photo was actually taken standing in the Atlantic Ocean!


Did I mention how much I love the Ocean?

The next day I drove to the interview but the bridge to the hospital was up all day.



They have canals running around all through Miami to allow boats to go inland a ways. At certain times of the day they raise the bridges that go over the canals so the boats can go up and down them.

Most surgery residents work in a VA at some point during their training. How many will get to work at a VA with palm trees out front?


Another difference about Miami hospitals -

I have never seen a fruit stand outside a hospital before.

Here is the original hospital building. Today it is surrounded by a ring of modern hospital buildings.



After the interview I went out in South Beach with some buddies. I would post those pictures but I am not sure they are 100% appropriate. It was spring break down there and it was like on Girls Gone Wild.