I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

American Chop Suey

Last weekend I got hungry for a tasty dish that my Grandmother makes from time to time. It is a simple casserole dish with easy to find ingredients. I highly recommend it if you are feeling lazy and want a hearty casserole to warm your bones. You can make this up the night before and put it in the fridge. When you get home the next day you can just throw it in the oven.

American Chop Suey from Vedie's Kitchen

Brown 1 diced onions
Green pepper, diced
1 can mushroom soup
¾ c uncooked rice
1 T Worcestershire sauce
1 c chopped celery
1 lb hamburger, browned
1 1/2 cans water
2 T soy sauce
1 can water chestnuts
salt and pepper to taste.

I saute the green pepper, onions and celery a little before adding. Bake in oven at 350 for 1 hour. Recipe by Gladys P.



That is a dangerously tasty casserole.