I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Duel

Last night I caught an excellent movie on AMC at like 3 in the morning. It is called Duel.



You may recognize the director. I think Duel was his first major film at the age of 23. It is about a guy, who I think is a bit of a pushover, who gets into it with a trucker.



It is set in what looks like rural Nevada. He passes a truck and then the truck messes with him the rest of the day.



It starts with the truck tailgating. Then the truck passes him and slows way down.



Eventually the trucker starts doing ever more aggressive things like bumping him at highway speeds, pushing him into the path of an oncoming train etc.



Finally the truck tries to push him off of a cliff. He jumps out of the car and the truck goes over.



It wasn't flashy like films of today but it was an awesome movie. It was very suspenseful. If I were you I would watch for it to come on AMC or rent it if you can find it.