I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Monday, January 10, 2005

Cranberry Bread

I went through the refrigerator and found a package of cranberries that needed to be used. A great use for cranberries (besides whole berry sauce) is cranberry bread. I made my grandmother's recipe for cranberry bread. I adapted it to make a double loaf and use a whole package of cranberries.

Muriel's Cranberry Bread

1 pound (4 cups) flour
1 t salt
3 t baking powder
1 t baking soda
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
4 T melted butter
1 c orange juice
1/2 c water
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 package cranberries (3 cups)

Mix everything together. Pour into greased loaf pans and bake at 350 for 1 hour. Alternatively, this recipe will make 24 muffins. The baking time needs to be reduced to about 40 minutes with muffins or until they start to turn nice and brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.