I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Monday, December 27, 2004

Christmas Eve Chili

I have quite a bit of catching up to do. When I was a kid, we usually had oyster stew and chili for Christmas Eve dinner. I detest oyster stew so we decided to have chili.

I have tons of different recipes for chili, but since it was Christmas Eve I decided to make a very standard chili. It is a recipe that is probably in every school cookbook in America. One thing our school system did well was pair standard chili with cinnamon rolls.

Standard Public School Style Chili

Brown 1 pound of ground beef and drain grease
Add:
1 diced onion
28 oz can tomato sauce
14 oz can stewed tomatoes
14 oz can pinto beans, drained
1 T chili powder or more to taste
salt and pepper to taste

Cook over lower heat until it looks right - usually a couple hours.