I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Thursday, December 30, 2004

The rest of the meal.

I couldn't resist making gnocchi again. The recipe is down a little lower in the blog. I got a little better picture of it this time:



The vegetable we had doesn't really sound Italian, but it goes perfectly. My favorite vegetable is rutabegas, and that is what we had. I make mine by cutting them into chunks and boiling for 20 to 30 minutes or until they are soft. I drain them and I put a tablespoon or two of butter in the pot along with a dash of garlic salt and fresh ground pepper.



For the main course I was looking for something that we could have leftovers from. I decided on sausage and peppers. You can make sausage and peppers into sandwiches, pastas, lasagnas etc.

Sausage and Peppers
1 pound hot Italian sausage
1 pound regular Italian Sausage
2 onions, chopped
2 red bell peppers, seeded and chopped
olive oil

Brown the sausages in olive oil until well cooked. Remove the sausages, slice and put into a bowl. Saute the onions and peppers in the oil. Combine the vegies with the meat and serve.