I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Friday, October 22, 2004

Food purgatory

Help! I'm trapped. I have only had a few tasty meals this week. Everything else has been anything but memorable. Last night I had a meeting and there was pizza at the meeting. I was unimpressed. I can't seem to get excited about chain pizza anymore. That is what I call feeding, not dining. Animals feed, people dine. I will have a little reprive tonight, although it is nothing new. There is still a little leftover soup, and I have half of a soujouk sausage left. Unfortunately I ate up all the sourdough so I will have to buy some bread tonight. My wife wants to eat the soup and have panini's again. I guess that is fine but the minute my bowl of soup is gone the soup fairy is coming to dump whatever is left in the pot. She made the soup and she made a HUGE batch of it. Soup is good for maybe 2 or three meals, but then I get sick of eating the same thing over and over.

This weekend I have a lot of good stuff planned. I am going to pull the trigger on a smoked turkey, which means I have to get to Sam's tonight no matter how late I work. I have to get a turkey, some charcoal and some wood chips. I'll write more about that later.

Also I am planning a loaf of sourdough rye and a loaf of sourdough whole wheat. More on that later as well. I might also make up a small pot of chili. Anyway I gotta run.