I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

The Bread Keeps Getting Better!

Last night I had fried egg sandwiches on the leftover sourdough and it was incredible. The bread actually got better after a couple days! Most of the home baked bread I have made has not kept well. This stuff actually gets better.

Tonight we had leftover soup and panini sandwiches. I used the last of the sourdough to make the paninis. I got a Breadman Panini Maker. They work very well and are cheap. Don't try to make panini without a panini maker. It just won't work.

I got some Soujouk beef sausage from the Medeterranian market. Soujouk is a Turkish beef sausage that is nice and hard. These paninis were delicious - here is the recipe:

Panini Koko Recipe

2 slices bread
a few thin slices Soujouk sausage
1 slice mozarella
1 slice fresh tomato
a little greek seasoning
1 slice roasted red pepper
olive oil

Place sausage on bread, then a piece of pepper and the slice of tomato. Dash some Greek seasoning over the tomato and pepper. Top with the piece of cheese. Brush both the top and bottom of sandwich with olive oil and cook in the panini maker until nicely toasted.