I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Saturday, October 16, 2004

The Bread was the Star

Well that was definitely the best bread I have ever made or eaten anywhere. The bar has been raised. The loaves came out of the oven golden brown and puffy. I let them cool on the cooling rack until they were just a touch warmer than room temperature. It took about 20 minutes. I tore off one end and took a bit and chewed. At first there was a very pleasant nutty flavor and as I continued to chew the flavor changed and became more complex. The texture was absolutely perfect and it could not possibly be better. The crust was crispy and chewy and separated ever so slightly from the underlying bread. The bread itself was chewy and full of large air pockets. I ate it by itself because it was so delicious. It needed no butter or any other adulterants.

The stew was a disappointment and I don't recommend it. Maybe it was because the bread was so good, but I think I like the American Stews with tomato base much better.