I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Crab Cakes, Glorious Crab Cakes!

Hy Vee had snow crab legs on sale the other day. I couldn't resist. Unfortunately it is very difficult to get good crab cakes in the Midwest so you need to make your own. Seriously they aren't hard at all. You can use canned crab or if you can find it fresh crab.


Crab Cakes, Glorious Crab Cakes!

A dollop of mayonnaise
a thin squirt of mustard
a few dashes of Worcestershire sauce
some finely chopped green onions
1 beaten egg
a little lemon juice
a few cloves of garlic, pressed
a little salt and pepper
a little celery salt
some bread crumbs (the bread crumbs in the can work best)
a little bit of paprika to sprinkle the finished patties

Don't make them too watery. These need to be fried in peanut oil over medium heat and then blotted to degrease before serving.

I found this video very helpful.


Here they are in all their glory!

Labels: ,