I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Cabbage Rolls

I made up some tasty cabbage rolls the other day. I found a video particularly useful in how to prepare these little devils.

Actually, that guy's food blog is pretty incredible.
I changed his recipe a little. I used pork instead of veal and I used tomato soup instead of broth.

Stuffed Cabbage Rolls

1 large green cabbage
1 pound ground chuck
1/2 pound ground pork
3/4 cup raw minute rice
1 stick butter
1 bunch Italian parsley
1 yellow onion
1 egg
4 cloves garlic
2 tsp salt
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 family sized can of Campbell's tomato soup
1 cup water
1 can crushed tomatoes (28oz)

For directions, watch the video.
*Should cook for 2 hours at 350 degrees F., but check after an hour and add more water if they seem to dry)

Labels: