I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Saturday, January 03, 2009

Corned Beef and Cabbage

My corned beef finished its beefing. For the Outback Bowl I went over to Easy E and NJ's house. We had a nice dinner of corned beef and cabbage. Its pretty easy so E liked it. I never had this particular dish growing up but we had a version of it made with ham called New England Boiled Dinner.

Corned Beef and Cabbage

Cover your corned beef with water in a big pot. Cut a carrot up into big chunks and toss in the pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer 1 hour. Meanwhile quarter some red potatoes. Drop them in when the hour boil is up. Cut up a head of cabbage into wedges. After the potatoes have boiled 15 minutes put the cabbage on top. Simmer, covered until cabbage is nice and tender.

Remove cabbage and place into a serving dish with the carrot. Top with sliced corned beef.

Place the potatoes in another bowl. Drop in a stick of melted butter. Add a little parsley and some garlic salt and stir. Serve it up nice and hot.

Labels: