I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Friday, November 14, 2008

World's Greatest Sandwich

I was in the mood for a good sandwich the other night so I did a google search for world's greatest sandwich. Someone actually has made a video and claimed to be the inventor of "The World's Greatest Sandwich." It is basically a BLT with a fried egg and a piece of cheese on it. Readers may remember that I wrote about BLT's with a fried egg a while ago. I guess the sandwich made an appearance in the movie Spanglish. The way they made the sandwich in the movie is as follows:

Spread mayo on a piece of really good toasted bread. Lay a few tomato slices on top of the mayo. Salt the tomatoes a little bit, then lay 4 strips of fried bacon on top. Next lay a piece of lettuce on the bacon. Add a nice fried egg on top of the lettuce. Take the other piece of toasted bread and put 2 slices of Monterrey Jack cheese on it. Place briefly under the broiler to melt the cheese. Finish off your sandwich by dropping the cheesed bread on top of the egg. Slice and serve.