I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Friday, October 31, 2008

Big Lebowski Pancakes

One of my favorite movies is The Big Lebowski. There is a scene where the German Nihilists stop at Dinah's Original Pancake & Chicken House. One orders "ze pigs in ze blankets." The other orders "ze lingonberry pancakes."

The only hard part about making lingonberry pancakes is finding the lingonberries. I found mine in a specialty food store in Des Moines. I have also seen them in various World Market stores. In a pinch you could order your lingonberries from Amazon.com


The next step is making really good pancakes. You can use my recipe if you like.

Big Lebowski Pancakes

2 eggs
2 T vegetable oil
1 stick butter, melted and cooled
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup flour
2 t baking powder
2 t baking soda
4 t sugar
1 t salt

1) Whisk eggs, oil, butter and buttermilk in a bowl.
2) Stir in the rest of the dry ingredients. Leave a few lumps.
3) Cook pancakes in a tiny bit of bacon grease.

To serve, put 2 pancakes on a plate. Put a little dab of lingonberries over the top and finish with a dab of whipped cream.

Labels: