I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Chinese BBQ Spare Ribs

I decided to make these Chinese BBQ Spare Ribs for my spare rib challenge. I modified the recipe from my favorite Chinese cookbook Potsticker Chronicles: America's Favorite Chinese Recipes

Chinese BBQ Spare Ribs

3 pounds spare ribs
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 T cooking sherry
2 T sesame oil
6 cloves garlic, crushed
1/4 cup minced ginger
2 T sugar
1 T fresh ground black pepper

Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and whisk. Pour the sauce over the ribs and marinate for 8 hours to overnight. Turn the ribs over a few times. Grill briefly on a grill with high heat to get a little char going. Put the ribs in a baking dish and put into the oven uncovered at 375 degrees. Bake, turning occasionally and marinating often until done. Don't marinate in the last 20 minutes.

Labels: