I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Thursday, October 02, 2008

Baked Steak

We were hungry for some good fall food. My wife's grandfather, Marv, used to make great meat dishes. One of my favorites was his recipe for baked steak. It is simple, cheap and extremely tasty. You have to adjust the amounts of ingredients depending on how many people you are going to serve. Don't worry about having too much, there won't be any leftovers. Also be a little careful with the salt and be especially certain to not let the meat dry out. Add more water as needed while it bakes.


Marv’s Family Steak or Baked Steak

1 inch thick sirloin steak cut into 2 inch strips
salt and pepper
accent
onion salt
Cavender’s greek seasoning
Beef broth
Peanut oil
Bay leaves
Minced onion
Carrots and celery

Put spices on meat and brown in peanut oil. Add broth to keep meat moist. Put in roasting pan in rows. Lay a few bay leaves on meat. Sprinkle with minced onions. Sprinkle a little flour over all. Add beef broth and water to keep a little moist and to help make liquid for gravy. Add vegies. Cover and bake 3 hours at 325. When it comes out of the oven it will look like this:

Use liquid to make gravy.
You know who was excited to have some!