I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Monday, September 15, 2008

Hash Brown Casserole

This is a tasty casserole. When you are thinking French fries, think about this casserole.

Hashbrown Casserole

1 can cream of chicken soup
3 T melted butter
1 t salt
½ t black pepper
½ c diced onion
2 c grated colby
2 pounds thawed hash browns

Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9X13 pan. Mix together the potatoes, soup, spices, onion and half the cheese. Dump into the pan. Top with remaining cheese and bake uncovered for 35 minutes.

It makes a pretty sizeable amount of casserole but it cooks down. For 2 people you might want to cut the recipe in 1/4.