I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Iowa vs. Iowa State

This coming weekend is Iowa State's bowl game. To readers who are not familiar with the intra-state rivalry, Iowa plays Iowa State every year. Unfortunately the game takes place in quite possibly the world's ugliest staduim - Jack Trice.

The rivalry, for the most part, only exists in the minds of Iowa State fans. When I was in college, Iowa had beaten Iowa State more than a dozen years in a row. Lately the game has been a little more exciting, as Iowa State has won six out of the last ten games. That said, three of the last four have gone Iowa's way.

I suspect that there will be a lot of tickets available this year. Last weekend Iowa State lost at home, before a record crowd of >59000, to UNI. Oh the humanity!

The one thing that worries me is that Iowa State almost always gives us trouble lately. I think the real problem is that Iowa tends to look past Iowa State. This year they have really good reason to because we are playing Wisconsin the following weekend. I saw an article in the Daily Iowan that gives me a little hope though:
Hawks expect tough game - Sports
There is also another article appearing today which gives some hope:
Hawks prep for raucous road - Sports

I guess there is nothing to do but wait.
GO HAWKS!!!