I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

This Little Piggy

I made up some Cuban Pork Roast in the George Foreman Rotisserie. Kroger had pork loin on sale real cheap. My apartment complex banned my smoker. I guess I was using it too much and the aroma of slowly smoking beef and pork was too much for some people to handle. We don't mind, there are a lot of ways to skin a cat!

I took half of the pork roast and made it into some taco meat. I recommend making it with corn tortillas that you fry in oil and then salt. Homemade taco shells really set the dish off.

Cuban Pork Taco Meat

1/2 of a Cuban pork roast
14 oz can tomato sauce
1 beer (sorry nondrinkers, substitute broth if you like)
2 t cumin
2 t paprika
1 chipotle pepper in sauce, chopped up
salt and pepper to taste

Chop the pork roast up into large chunks. Dump all of the ingredients in a Dutch oven, cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour. At the end of the hour uncover pot and remove pork, leaving liquid behind to simmer and thicken up. After the pork cools shred it up and return to the pot with the thickened liquid.
The meat is best served in homemade taco shells. To make one just buy a bunch of corn tortillas. Heat some oil in a skillet and drop in the tortilla. After a little while flip the tortilla over and fold it in half. Continue to cook until it starts to crisp up. Remove the shells to a piece of newspaper and sprinkle with salt.

Even naughty toddlers like pork tacos!