I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Huevos Al Modo De Soler

A while ago I wrote about a way of making Spanish fried eggs. I finally got around to posting the recipe. Enjoy!


Huevos Al Modo De Soler

(Fried Eggs with Sobrasada in Creamy Sauce)

This dish comes from the Balearic Islands of Spain. It is very easy to prepare. Sobrasada is a sausage unique to the Balearic Islands. Since this particular sausage is hard to come by in Louisville, we have substituted chorizo or regular Jimmy Dean sausage. Canadian bacon or country ham would probably be good as well.

Sauce:

1 leek (white part only), sliced

1 carrot, sliced thin

½ cup fresh or frozen peas

1 cup whole milk

1 tsp. salt

6 T olive oil

Sauté leek, carrot and peas in the olive oil. Add the milk and salt. Decrease the heat, cover and simmer about 20 minutes. Place mixture in a food processor and blend until smooth. Keep warm. Fry sausage patties and eggs. Place the eggs over the sausage patties on plates and pour sauce over all.