I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Ledyard Country Store

The Ledyard Country Store is having the Spring Shower Saving! I got a flier in the mail from our man in the field. Particular items of interest:

Our own homemade chili available this week in the meat case!
Shur Fresh 12 oz cooked ham ..... $3.69
Yellow medium yellow onions .......$1.19 LB
Vine ripened tomatoes ...................$1.55 LB
Shur fine Navy beans ......................69 cents

Can anyone say bean soup in Ledyard? You'd best hurry in fast to get these kinds of prices. The flier is dated 4/11/07 and its already the 15th people.

In other Ledyard News, the Ledyard Easter egg hunt featured the hiding of - get this - 666 eggs. That translates to 55 and a half dozen eggs. I guess the other 6 were dropped. If I was involved in the hiding of the eggs, those six would have been eaten on the sly, either as Deviled eggs or with salt and pepper, depending on the time available.

In light of the wildly successful Ledyard Easter Egg Hunt, I decided to make up some deviled eggs. I found an interesting site with the history of deviled eggs.

Here is how I would have used the six missing eggs from the Ledyard Easter Egg Hunt:

Deviled Eggs a La Ledyard

6 hard boiled eggs
Mayo
Mustard
a dash of hot sauce
a few green olives with pimentos, finely diced
paprika

Peel the eggs and slice in half lengthwise. Remove the yolks to a bowl. Add a dallop of Mayo and a squirt of mustard. Mash together. Add more mayo as needed to get the consistancy of a deviled egg. Next add a dash of hot sauce and a few very finely diced green olives with pimento. Spoon the mixture back into the eggs. Sprinkle with paprika and serve.
Also featured in the photo are little spicy red peppers stuffed with feta cheese and mozarella cheese wrapped up in proscuito. MMMM!!