I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Bernheim Forest Hike

We went on a family hike today through the Bernheim Forest. It is a nature preserve south of Louisville a ways. Part of the nature preserve is a large valley which is filled with a tallgrass prarie.
It was about 4 feet tall in parts and almost impossible to walk through. There were lots of different kinds of grasses.

There were the beginnings of wildflowers in the forest. I only found one patch on the sunny side of a hill.
We also found a flowering shrub of some sort.

The trees haven't started budding yet but there is one kind of tree in the forest that never loses its leaves. You can see them scattered about in the photo below.