I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Springtime in Kentucky

We've been doing a lot of family hikes around Bernheim Forest lately. Last weekend we went out and hiked around a lake. The baby saw lots of flowers that were of high interest.
She also started cheep cheeping like crazy which usually means that she sees a bird. Sure enough there was a red winged blackbird.
Around part of the lake they are growing a cypress grove. They have a nice little walkway that goes through the middle of it. 20 years from now it will be very swampy back there.
On the other side of the lake we heard like 10 different birds all coming from one tree. I heard a cardinal, then a bluejay, then a blackbird, a sparrow, a chickadee and a few others. I looked up and there was one bird sitting in the tree making all kinds of crazy noise! We spotted our first ever mockingbird!