I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Waffle Brunch Dish

Here is a good recipe for Sunday mornings. My wife's Great Aunt came up with this.

Waffle Casserole By Helen

12 – 14 frozen waffles 3 cups milk
2 T butter ½ t salt
½ pound mild cheddar cheese ¼ t cayenne
6 thin slices cooked ham 6 eggs
paprika 1 green pepper, sliced into rings

Prepare waffles in toaster. Generously butter a baking dish. Spread remaining butter on waffles. Line bottom of dish with 6 waffles. Cover with layer of one-half of the cheese, top with ham slices, remaining waffles and cheese. Sprinkle with paprika.

Beat together milk, salt, cayenne, eggs. Pour evenly over waffles and cheese. Refrigerate 3 to 4 hours. Bake in 325 degree oven 35 minutes, top with green pepper rings, and bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes. Let stand at room temp about 10 minutes.