I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Ridiculous Pancakes

I have been making my pancakes a little different lately. I've taken my Great Grandmother's buttermilk pancake recipe and changed it a little. Don't get me wrong, the original recipe is still the best but every once in a while I like to change it up a bit. This recipe is truly ridiculous. It is so bad for you that I am sure this website will be taken down immediately by the fat police. In other words, don't eat these more than once a month. Seriously.

Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes

1 cup buttermilk (with a little more to adjust consistency)
1 cup flour
1 stick unsalted butter (melted and cooled)
4 t baking powder
2 t baking soda
4 t sugar
1 t salt
2 eggs
1 cup blueberries drained of liquid

Mix everything together until well combined. Adjust consistency of the mix by adding more buttermilk if needed. Fry in a little bacon grease and enjoy.