I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Swiss Steak

My wife's grandfather was a good cook. One of his best recipes was his recipe for Swiss Steak. I think the time I had it with him he also made cauliflower with cheese sauce and mashed potatoes. It was delicious.

Marv’s Swiss Style Steak

1 package round steaks
1 can tomato sauce or more depending on how many steaks you are making
1 can stewed tomatoes, cut up
1 green pepper, sliced
1 onion, diced
4 stalks celery, cut up
½ stick butter
pepper
Johnny’s Seasoning
Mixed herbs
Bay leaf
3 or 4 beef bouillon cubes

Heat butter in skillet. Drop steaks in hot butter as many as will fit in pan at a time. Sprinkle each side of the steaks with Johnny’s and brown briefly on each side. Remove to a baking dish. On top of the steaks put the rest of the ingredients and the drippings from the pan. Bake covered until meat is falling apart at whatever temperature will achieve those results in the amount of time you have to make the meat. Add water to the baking dish as needed so that meat/vegies don’t dry out.