I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Fruitcake Ingredient Hunting

I have successfully rounded up all of the ingredients for Sook's Fruitcake. I had to go to several stores to get all the ingredients. I got the different nuts and figs in bulk from Whole Paycheck. I got the raisins from Hen House. I could not find candied cherries, candied pineapple or citron in any stores so I got them online from The Baker's Catalogue. They have a fruitcake mix that has just the right amount of all 3 for under 5 bucks. I ordered it and the mix should be here in a couple days.