I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Yet Another Marinara Recipe

I got home last night and wanted to put something together quickly. I found a big can of tomato juice, some spaghetti and some italian sausage. Aha! Spaghetti with meatballs. If I have said it once I've said it a thousand times - there are millions of ways to make marinara. Here is yet another.

Simple Marinara

1 large can of tomato juice
2 T olive oil
1 small onion, finely diced
3 cloves garlic - pressed
a few gratings of a carrot
2 t to 1 T italian seasoning depending on your tastes
salt to taste
black pepper to taste

Heat olive oil in a sauce pan and then add onion and garlic. Saute until translucent. Add the rest of ingredients besides salt. Simmer/boil uncovered until it reduces to the consistancy of spaghetti sauce. I like it a little thinner so it only takes me like 1/2 to 1 hour. Stir it fairly often and check the consistency. At the end taste it and add the salt to your tastes.

Easy Sausage Meatballs

1 pound ground italian sausage
1/2 cup bread crumbs
2 eggs
fresh ground black pepper
1 T dried minced onion

Mix those ingredients up in a bowl and form into balls. Place on a cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 1/2 hour or until done.