I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Monday, November 22, 2004

Big plans

The bread was a big hit at the dinner party. One of my Turkish friends liked it so well he asked for the recipe. Now I'm all intimidated and such, given that I have posted Turkish recipes before and he is actually from Turkey. Later tonight I will post detailed instructions on how to make the bread.

In January I am supposed to go down to Georgia for an interview. The last time I was there I stayed in a place in Augusta called the Partridge Inn. It was a bed and breakfast. I would not have stayed but the plane wouldn't take off secondary to fog. I am glad I did though because for 5 bucks I got a bacon, tomato, lettuce and pimento cheese spread sandwich, pecan pie and a coke. The pimento cheese spread was homemade and so delicious that recreating it became an obsession. The next time I make it I will post the recipe. So I have been thinking about Southern food lately. I promised my wife I would make her roasted chicken tonight. There are as many recipes for roasted chicken as there are chickens. Most of them are good, some of them are amazing. I am feeling experimental so I have decided to make up my own recipe. Since I am currently thinking about southern food I will try to make it a southern roasted chicken. One food that exemplifies the south and separates southerners from northerners is grits. I am going to try to figure out a way to incorporate grits into the roasted chicken. If it turns out alright I will post the recipe. One of the pitfalls of experimental cooking is that sometimes it turns out absolutely amazing and other times it just sucks. I hope this chicken will be one of the former.