I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Monday, November 15, 2004

Ahh yess

Last night's food was delicious. Tonight we had mexican food. We had my wife's recipe for guacamole (the best as far as I am concerned), mexican red rice, charro beans and GQ tacos. It was all totally awesome. I got the taco recipe out of GQ. It is the best recipe for tacos I have eaten. What makes it special is the home-made taco shells. I am probably one of the last people on earth that still makes home-made taco shells but let me tell you, its worth it and these taco shells will never die as long as I am alive. I will post the recipe for the tacos now, and the others as I feel like it. I am tired tonight for some reason.

GQ East LA Hamburger Tacos

1 pound hamburger
½ onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 or 2 serrano chilies, diced
2 pinches mexican oregano
salt and pepper

12 corn tortillas (not the hard shells, the actual tortillas)
shredded Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese
lettuce, shredded
diced tomatoes
salsa

1) Brown hamburger. Add in onion, garlic, serrano, oregano and salt and pepper. Cook until onions soft.
2) Char tortilla on both sides over an open flame on gas stove until almost toasted. Have a frying pan full of vegetable oil sizzling. Quickly dredge both sides of the toasted tortilla in the oil, fold in half and then fry for 30 seconds. Turn it over and fry for a little longer. Drain tortillas on a paper grocery bag or a paper towel. Sprinkle with salt.
3) Enjoy with cerveza or margaritas!