I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Saturday, November 13, 2004

Party tonight.

Last night we ate at a Persian place. We got an appetizer platter that had hummus, dolme and a roasted eggplant appetizer. As the entree we got a kebob platter with ground beef kebob, chicken kebob and lamb kebob. It came with Persian rice as well. It was all pretty good but not as good as we get at home. Just wait until tomorrow! Turkish food tomorrow night!

Tonight we have to go to a party so I'm not making anything too special. We are having paninis with the leftover sourdough bread. I have some leftover proscuito and genoa salami. I will also put a sliced tomato, some basil and a slice of cheese. I got us some progresso minestrone soup to go with the sandwiches.

I am bringing a loaf of sourdough potato, chive and cheddar bread and a laof of Christmas bread from Italy that has dried apircots, cherries, cranberries and white grapes soaked in my homemade cherry vodka. It also has slivered almonds. MMMM! Both of those recipes I got from The Bread Baker's Apprentice.