I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Buckwheat Pancakes

I was recently forwarded an email string that has been going back and forth between family members regarding buckwheat pancakes. My great grandmother was the cook of all cooks. She used to make delicious buckwheat pancakes that people still rave over. I was up in Ledyard a while ago and my great aunt made me some of these famous buckwheat pancakes. The thing people like about them is that they are tangy. Because you let the batter sit on the counter overnight and it has yeast growing, these are actually a form of sourdough pancake. I wrote about her recipe for buckwheat pancakes shortly after I at them. You can find the recipe by clicking this link.