I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Greek Baked Beans

Another tasty dish to serve with the meatballs is Greek Baked beans.

Greek Baked Beans

2 cans Canellini beans
1/4 cup olive oil
1 onions, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup diced tomatoes
1 T tomato paste
2 T vinegar
3 T honey
2 cups water
1 bay leaf
2 whole cloves
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1/4 cup feta cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 t ground oregano

Preheat oven to 375. Make the sauce by heating olive oil in a saucepan. Saute the onions. Add remaining ingredients except beans and parmesan. Bring to a boil. Mix in beans and pour into a shallow baking dish. Bake, uncovered for 30 minutes. When beans are done sprinkle top with the cheeses.