I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Banana Split

Our little one just had her first banana split! As with any iconic dish there is considerable controversy as to its origins. I think it likely made its debut in Pennsylvania but who really knows.
There is no controversy about what makes up a banana split. You need a scoop of strawberry, a scoop of chocolate and a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Top the vanilla with crushed pineapple, the chocolate with chocolate syrup and the strawberry with strawberry syrup. Then add some crushed peanuts. Add a dollop of whipped cream and a cherry to each scoop and add a split banana.

Shortly after the photo was taken our little one got her first ice cream headache.