I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Here it comes.

My phone is blowing up with text message insults. Iowa freaking lost 13 to 15. At least I enjoyed the game in an English pub drinking Guinness. Sorry non-drinking readers. I rarely mention alcohol.

Here is the difference. I am not a fair weather fan. I have weathered everything from 1979 to now. As we speak I am saving up for a massive donation so that I can get season tickets for the Hawks for next year. I'd love to see the Cyclone fan with my teeny income that is saving after a LOSS for tickets next year.

We will slog on. Iowa football is not for the faint of heart.

Now, all of that said, Iowa freaking AGAIN looked past Iowa State. The problem, as I see it, is that the coach, Kirk Ferentz did not grow up in Iowa. He doesn't understand that even in bumblestink Kentucky I am going to go to work and take a ribbing for this game. Lets not even talk about the players that didn't grow up in Iowa. At least I am 10 hours from Iowa. Imagine what my buddies Easy E and Money D are going to face when they go to work. Iowa is expected to win this game every year. Oh well. I would rather be the guy that takes the ribbing than the fair weather fan that jumps on board whenever such and such a team is winning. This rant of course excludes all of my naughty Iowa State Cousins and my Iowa State Uncle, who was a running back for Iowa State. I am really glad that they enjoyed their day today.