I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Monday, October 25, 2004

Now Begin Leftover Turkey

I actually enjoy turkey leftovers. There are so many things you can make with leftover turkey. Turkey casseroles of many different kinds, turkey a la king, creamed turkey over biscuits, turkey enchiladas, white turkey chili, the list is endless. Tonight we are having a turkey casserole according to the recipe my aunt Julie makes. She was a home-ec major in college and is a serious cook. This is my favorite recipe for turkey casserole but you could use chicken too.

Chef Julie's Turkey Casserole

1 cup diced celery
3 cups cooked chicken or turkey
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can evapurated milk (5 ounce)
1 small jar diced pimento
Mix above. You can do this ahead of time, just throw it in the fridge.

Then add
1 can drained water chestnuts
1 can chow mein noodles
1 pkg sliced almonds

Bake at 375 for 45 – 60 minutes until the top is bubbling.